The Nakuru-based NGEC regional office was operationalized in 2013 as part of the efforts by the commission to devolve its programming and research functions. The office ;
- Works closely with stakeholders to ensure effectiveness and complementarity and to establish mechanisms for referrals and collaborations among actors dealing with issues of equality and non-discrimination
- Coordinates the Commission’s programmes and activities in the former Rift and parts of the former Central and Eastern regions with focus to protecting the special interest groups (children, youth, and women, persons with disability, elderly, minority and marginalized groups) from discrimination and exclusion.
- Monitors, facilitates and advises on development of affirmative action policies as contemplated in the Constitution
- Engages in activities aimed at promoting gender equality and freedom from discrimination within the region with special focus on advancing the elimination of inequalities among all Special Interest Groups
- Provides advisory opinions on gender equality and freedom from discrimination in county policies, laws and administrative regulations aimed at improving full engagement of vulnerable populations in the development agenda, representation, leadership and decision making.
- Coordinates public education fora at grassroots to create awareness on gender equality and inclusion
Nakuru,Baringo,Samburu,Narok,Bomet,Elgeyo Marakwet,Kajiado,Embu,Tharaka Nithi,Meru,Kiambu,Muranga,Nyeri,Kirinyaga,Nyandarua,Laikipia,Nairobi,Makueni,Kitui,Machakos
National Gender and Equality Commission(NGEC)
Nakuru Regional Office
Tamoh Plaza,1st Floor, Kijabe Street